Your cart
Close Alternative Icon
Need Framing Advice? Get In Touch With Us Today on 08 8223 2034 Need Framing Advice? Get In Touch With Us Today on 08 8223 2034
Rundle Street, Adelaide, 1919

Dimonds Gallery

Rundle Street, Adelaide, 1919

$0.00

On a busy day in Rundle Street people stroll along the pavement and across the road amongst the slow moving traffic, both motor and horse-drawn. City buildings and shops are seen on either side of the street. Shown on the North side of the street are The C.J. Young Shoe Co., Barlow's Shoes, a chemist, Stevenson's Jewellers clock and Marshall's Dept Store. Shown on the South side are Thelma-Duryea Photographic Studio, Bricknell's Cafe, the Grand Theatre, Sigalas & Co., Cawthorne's Piano & Music Warehouse, Kindermann's Cafe (est.1851), Charlick Bros Grocers & Teamen, and De-Lany's Red Lion Hotel. Three motor vehicle registrations are visible: 06034 is a Lagonda 11 registered in September 1915 to Mr. E.K. Collins of Mount Bryan, 04016 is a Buick registered to W.D. Taylor of Brougham place, North Adelaide, and 2509 was registered in 1912 to A. Addicoat of Adelaide. A young girl in the centre foreground is carrying a small Australian flag.

[On back of photograph] 'Rundle Street, looking east from King William Street. / 1918-20 / Acres 79,80 / The near side of Barlow's (on extreme left of photo) is 30 yards east of King William Street. The extreme right is 38 yards east of King William St.' (Another hand) 'Neg. available 1968'

1919

State Library of South Australia, B 2221